Monday, September 14, 2009

Beginning

I was visiting with my mom a few weeks ago and she told me that her stake president had recently challenged the members of her stake to complete the new "Virtue Value Project" from the Young Women Personal Progress before the end of the year. This year (2009) the church has added an eighth value to the Young Women Theme. This newest value is Virtue. The Virtue Value Project is as follows:

"The Savior chose to live a virtuous life. Follow His admonition to 'learn of me' (D&C 19:23) by reading the entire Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Liken the scriptures to your life and circumstances. As you read, record your thoughts regularly in your journal. Note the example of the Savior's life and mission. What did the Redeemer and those who followed Him do to live virtuous lives? At the completion of your reading, record your testimony in your journal."

I have attempted to keep a journal while studying the scriptures before. I made it all the way through Second Nephi about five years ago. I have wanted to finish this project for some time. Inspired by the Young Women Personal Progress, my parents' stake president and the desire to become a better person, I decided to do my own virtue project. Since I find that I am able to quickly express my thoughts better at the computer and I am comfortable with the blogging format, I have decided to use it for my medium.

I do this for myself and my own personal and spiritual growth.

If you happen to come upon this journal and would like to leave a comment, please be respectful.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your goal, your thoughts and the beautiful video.

    ReplyDelete